TravelCenters Slates Health and Wellness Events
The events, which will include a Health Fair and an organized driver walk, will take place on Sept. 18 during National Truck Driver Appreciation and Wellness Week. The Health Fairs will be held from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at each travel center. Following the fair at 7 p.m. one-, two- and three-mile walks will begin at each location as well.
The locations participating in the events are:
- TA West Memphis, Ark. – I-40, Exit 260
- TA Tonopah, Ariz. – I-10, Exit 103
- TA Ontario East, Calif. – I-10, Exit 57
- TA Cartersville, Ga. – I-75, Exit 296
- TA Morris, Ill. – I-80, Exit 112
- TA Lodi, Ohio – I-71, Exit 209
- Petro Carlisle, Pa. – I-81, Exit 52/I-76, Exit 226
- TA Antioch, Tenn. – I-24, Exit 62
- TA Rockwall, Texas – I-3, Exit 68
- TA Salt Lake City, Utah – I-80, Exit 99
- Petro Spokane, Wash. – I-90, Exit 272
Key figures -- including celebrities, local dignitaries and senior TA officials -- will attend the events at many of the locations. A partial list of key participants includes:
- Tom O'Brien, TravelCenters president and CEO, and Pete Thomas, winner of the "Biggest Loser" at the Lodi, Ohio, TA;
- John Ratzenberger, TV and movie star and radio voice of TA/Petro, at the Ontario East, Calif., TA;
- Lindsay Lawler, Nashville recording artist and TCA contributor, and Dave Nemo, Sirius/XM's radio host at the Antioch, Tenn., TA;
- Glenn Keller, professional truck driver and current weight loss contestant on CNN's Fit Nation Triathlon Challenge event, at the Rockwall, Texas, TA;
- Jay Blake, IHRA blind Pit crew chief at the Carlisle, Pa., Petro; and
- Homer Hogg, TA/Petro senior technical trainer and guest expert on Dave Nemo's "Maintenance Matters" on Sirius/XM Radio at the West Memphis, Ark., TA.
"We are thrilled to participate in the TCA's special focus on driver health during National Truck Driver Appreciation Week," O'Brien said. "Our locations are uniquely qualified to host these driver walks and health fairs," he continued. "We launched our own StayFit program nearly three years ago to assist professional truck drivers in their quest for better health. Today, we have better-for-you meal and snack options, and free fitness rooms, walking trails, basketball courts, pet areas and more. We support the TCA's effort to raise awareness of health issues affecting professional truck drivers and are active in the effort to improve their lives."