Agenda Takes Shape for Insight NACS 2013 Future of Convenience Event
LONDON – U.S. convenience store retailer Wawa Inc. will be featured among some of the leading convenience retailers in the world at this year’s Insight NACS Future of Convenience 2013 conference, being held in London from Sept. 23 to 27.
The annual event, which includes retailer-hosted store visits to the latest European convenience stores in Rotterdam and Amsterdam, The Netherlands; London; and Dublin, will feature a discussion of Wawa’s latest foodservice-focused large convenience store concept in Florida led by Lynn Hochberg, the retailer's director of product development, and Mike Sherlock, Wawa's vice president of fresh food and beverages.
Other expected attendees at the September London event include:
- Paul Horwell, head of the UK Franchise Division, Marks & Spencer, UK
- Gary Harris, head of design, SPAR International
- Klaas Mantel, general manager of Global Convenience Retail, Royal Dutch Shell plc
- Maciej Szozda, vice president and chief commercial officer, Grupa Lotos, Poland
- Mohsin Issa, managing director, Euro Garages Ltd., UK
- Brian Donaldson, chief operating officer, Maxol Group, Northern Ireland and Ireland
- Joe Boyle, director, FreshStop, South Africa
The conference will also include tailored Nielsen research on consumer needs and global opportunities for new store formats and product category growth in the future.
Also on tap: presentation of the International Convenience Retailer of the Year award. Finalists include YPF Argentina, SPAR UK, FreshStop South Africa, Sewell Retail UK, Maxol, ENOC UAE and Peregrine Corp. Australia.
Sponsors of the Insight NACS Future of Convenience 2013 event include KSS Fuels, Imperial Tobacco, CounterBooks, Fairbanks, Volumatic and Quick Pilot.