Aramark's Frank Gleeson Named New NACS Chairman
LAS VEGAS — Aramark Northern Europe President Frank Gleeson was named the 2018-2019 NACS Chairman at the 2018 NACS Show, the global convenience and fuel retailing industry’s premier event.
Gleeson is the first European-based chairman in the association’s 57-year history.
He got his start at Aramark in 2014 as managing director of food services Ireland and, more recently, as chief operating officer of its Northern Europe group.
Prior to Aramark, he served as vice president of retail for Statoil Ireland, and then in 2005, became the retail director for Topaz Energy Group, the largest importer and distributor of transport fuel in Ireland. There, Gleeson led a team responsible for the successful development and rollout of the Topaz brand in 2008, an integration of Shell and Statoil service stations, and was responsible for the retail business of more than 340 sites.
As NACS chairman, Gleeson will lead the NACS Executive Committee, which provides strategic direction and financial oversight to the association.
Newly elected committee members are:
- Vice Chairman, Treasurer: Julie Jackowski, Casey's General Stores Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Legislative: Kevin Smartt, Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Jared Scheeler, The Hub Convenience Stores Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Convention: Richard Parry, Aloha Petroleum Ltd.
- Vice Chairman, Research: Andy Jones, Sprint Food Stores Inc.
- Vice Chairman: Don Rhoads, The Convenience Group LLC
- Vice Chairman: Ari Haseotes, Cumberland Farms Inc.
- Vice Chairman, Political Engagement: Joe Sheetz, Sheetz Inc.
Previous 2016-2017 NACS chairman Rahim Budhwani of 6040 LLC will also serve on the NACS Executive Committee.
A member-driven organization, NACS is led by a 30-member board of directors, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries. In addition, the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board serve on the board of directors.
During the NACS Show in Las Vegas, NACS named two new retail members to its board of directors: St. Romain Oil Co. LLC's Anne Gauthier and Nick Lacaillade of Certified Oil Co.
Gleeson kicked off his one-year term at the annual expo, which took place Oct. 7-10 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
Alexandria-based NACS has 2,100 retailer and 1,750 supplier members from more than 50 countries.