Brookshire Honors 10 for Service Excellence
Brookshire Grocery Co. honored 10 associates in its inaugural Wood T. Brookshire Jump Over the Counter program, which recognizes those who display extraordinary examples of service to customers.
The program is named to honor Wood T. Brookshire, who founded the company in 1928 and would literally jump over the store counter to help his customers. The honorees, all nominated by their store directors and selected by a committee of company leadesr, are:
- Ducien Allen, Pharmacy Clerk – Brookshire’s location in Shreveport, La.
- Napoleon Brown, Assistant Store Manager – Brookshire’s in Crossett, Ark.
- Totsy Garr, Cashier – Brookshire’s in Winnfield, La.
- Jackie Grant, Assistant Store Manager – Super 1 Foods location in Shreveport, La.
- Connie Hendricks, Pharmacy Technician – Brookshire’s location in Monroe, La.
- Ericka Midkiff, Service Specialist – Spring Market in Godley, Texas
- Sherri Morgan, Deli Manager – Super 1 Foods location in West Monroe, La.
- Michael Nash, Deli Manager – Brookshire’s in Arcadia, La.
- Chris Raabe, Market Manager – Brookshire’s in Denton, Texas
- Candy Stone, Satellite Bakery Manager – Brookshire’s in Pittsburg, Texas
“I’m excited to have this new program in place to show appreciation for our employees who excel in serving our customers,” said Brad Brookshire, chairman of the board and CEO of Brookshire Grocery Co. “Our mission is to make communities better, and one of the ways we work to achieve that is by providing a level of service that reflects how much our customers mean to us.”
Based in Tyler, Texas, Brookshire Grocery Co. operates 177 stores in Texas, Louisiana and Arkansas, as well as three distribution centers.