Caltex & Coca-Cola Honored at AACS Gala
VICTORIA, Australia — Caltex and Coca-Cola were among honorees of the Australasian Association of Convenience Stores (AACS) Gala Awards, following the association’s annual Convenience Leaders Summit.
Caltex, a fuel brand under Chevron Corp., was named Retailer of the Year for the second consecutive year, while Coca-Cola took home two awards: Supplier of the Year and Beverage & Dairy Supplier of the Year.
“The focus on innovation is already driving improved performance in the convenience channel, and the awards are an important way to recognize the investments made by those individuals and businesses at the forefront,” said AACS CEO Jeff Rogut. “It is clear that, as we continue to develop talent and innovate for the future, the retailers, suppliers and associated entities in our industry can maintain the optimism that has underpinned their recent performance, as they strive to serve their customers as best they can.”
The annual gala provides opportunities for AACS members to network and discuss issues and opportunities impacting the convenience industry, while recognizing individuals and businesses at the forefront of talent and innovation.
The full list of winners at the 2016 AACS Convenience Leaders Summit and Gala Awards include:
- Retailer of the Year: Caltex
- Supplier of the Year: Coca-Cola
- Beverage & Dairy Supplier of the Year: Coca-Cola
- Ice Cream & Snacking Supplier of the Year: Smiths
- Confectionery Supplier of the Year: Mondelēz International
- Food on the Go Supplier of the Year: Mrs. Macs
- Tobacco Supplier of the Year: Philip Morris
- Service Provider of the Year: Shopper Tracker/Advantage Australia
- GM/Publications/Telecoms Supplier of the Year: Pacific Optics
- Distributor of the Year: The Distributors
- Company Operated Store: BP Marsden Park
- Franchised/Independent Store: Caltex Smarmart Greenfields
- AACS Store of the Year: APCO Easy Shop Mildura
- Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award Retailer Winner: Jack Murphy-Cruise, BP
- Peter Jowett Convenience Industry Award Supplier Winner: James Neill, Philip Morris
AACS introduced a new category at this year’s gala, which recognizes outstanding efforts and contributions from women in the industry. The AACS Women in Convenience initiative is designed to recognize, encourage, support and provide career path opportunities for women.
In its inaugural year, three women were honored: Amanda Wollard, BP, Woman of the Year; Debbie Wessell, BP Buying Group, Store Operator of the Year; and Erin Walker, UBC, Rising Star of the Year.