Chocolate & Peanut Butter Shine in 2015's Top New CPG Products
LOS ANGELES — Chocolate and peanut butter were two flavors that scored major successes in the trends and products featured in market research firm Instantly Inc.'s Shelf Score reports throughout 2015. The monthly reports rank the top 10 new consumer product goods hitting supermarket and convenience store shelves by consumer intent to purchase.
Hits of 2015 included several Reese's products, limited-edition holiday items, hot cocoa-inspired cookies and low-carb meal kits.
The top 10 new products and their purchase intent scores for 2015 were:
- Reese's Snack Mix — 79 percent
- Reese's Mini Sticks — 78 percent
- Nabisco Hot Cocoa Chips Ahoy Cookies — 78 percent
- Butterfinger Peanut Butter Cups Minis — 77 percent
- M&M'S Easter Peanut Butter Speck-Tacular Eggs Chocolate Candies — 76 percent
- Cheez-it Grooves: Original Cheddar — 75 percent
- Dove Promises: Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate — 75 percent
- HealthyChoice Cafe Steamers: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry — 73 percent
- Hershey's Kisses Deluxe Chocolates — 73 percent
- Oreo Thins: Mint — 72 percent
To determine the scores each month, 300 consumers evaluate each new product on their mobile devices at home or in-store via the Instantly Concept Test platform, which collects feedback on key success indicators such as purchase intent, differentiation, need/desire and value.