CSNews' 2013 Store Design Contest Now Open
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Convenience Store News' eighth annual Store Design Contest is accepting entries from now through July 1.
Awards will be presented in multiple categories, based on the size of the project and overall look of the store. Winning retailers will excel in such areas as interior layout; use and effectiveness of signage and logos; and exterior property and landscaping.
To be eligible for this year's contest, new construction and remodels must have taken place between January 2012 and February 2013. Entries will be judged on innovation, creativity and the positive impact of the design and/or remodel on the retailer's overall business.
This year's award categories include:
- Best Original Store Design (a new-build)
- Best Interior Design (a new-build)
- Best "Green" Design
- Best Low Cost Remodel (less than $100,000)
- Best Mid-Budget Remodel ($100,000- $250,000)
- "The Sky's the Limit" Remodel (more than $250,000)
Winners will be featured in a future issue of Convenience Store News.