Forward C-stores Moves Rewards Program Forward
STANDISH, Mich. — Forward Corp. switched its loyalty program to the Paytronix Systems Inc. platform at its Forward Convenience Stores throughout Michigan.
According to Paytronix, the new Forward Rewards program “replaces a 10-year-old program that had attracted 60,000 members but relied on RFID tags, a detached printer at the point-of-sale (POS), and no ability to roll-back prices at the gas pump.”
Forward Corp, selected the Paytronix platform for five reasons:
- Point of Sale Integration — Speed, accuracy and the customer purchase behavior data available due to the POS integration style.
- Flexibility and Control — Extreme flexibility to customize programs and promotions for a rewards program.
- Customer Identification Options — Multiple options to look up a customer’s account enables quick application or redemption of reward points with or without their physical card.
- Customer Engagement Tools — Messaging on multiple channels including email, push, pull, and SMS provides the ability to reach customers one-to-one with tailored messages. Deploying messages in real time based on customer behavior at the POS, via a scheduled campaign, or through an ad hoc message expands how, when and why the brand engages with its members.
- Consumer Purchase Insight Access — Reporting and data analysis capabilities to better understand each customer, deliver relevant offers and reduce cannibalized sales.
Forward Rewards is a points-based program, in which members earn 10 points for every gallon of gas and 20 points for every dollar spent in store. Members also earn a sign-up bonus discount of five cents per gallon every time they purchase gas for 30 days.
“It will be much easier to manage the program with the Paytronix platform, to do campaigns and outreach that drive more visits. Paytronix has created a portal where we can input our own promotional criteria and then email Forward Rewards members each month — sharing their rewards points, the number of sweepstakes entries they’ve earned via purchases, to present new offers and more,” said Emily Mallory, chief marketing officer at Forward Corp. “Our old loyalty program was too difficult to use and had become a bit stale, so we needed to get smarter and more effective with our communications. Paytronix is helping us to do that.”
Forward Corp. will introduce its new loyalty program in November with a giveaway sweepstakes including more than 100 high-end prizes.
“Paytronix is excited to partner with Forward Convenience Stores to revitalize its rewards program. At its heart, the program operates in real-time and is directly integrated to VeriFone Commander POS system,” said Andrew Robbins, president of Paytronix. “With the power to analyze guest behavior and highly, personalize offers, the Paytronix-powered program will transform Forward Rewards into a revenue engine for the convenience store chain.”
Newton, Mass.-based Paytronix Systems Inc. offers a proprietary guest engagement platform helps more than 300 retail and restaurant chains manage and grow more than $18 billion in guest spend.
Standish-based Forward Corp. operates approximately 40 convenience stores in Michigan.