Love's Named Subway Franchisee of the Year
MILFORD, Conn. — Subway named Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc. as a recipient of its 2016 Franchisee of the Year awards alongside 11 other franchisee teams. The sandwich chain also named three teams from its development community as recipients of its Development Agent of the Year awards.
The winners were recognized during Subway's annual meetings in Chicago.
"These entrepreneurs exemplify what makes Subway such a great brand," said Subway President and CEO Suzanne Greco. "They are on the front lines every day delivering an exceptional guest experience."
The full list of Subway Franchisees of the Year includes:
- Fouad Adel Bafakih and Abdul Badia Mohd Dakkak of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Manfred Bolz of Dernbach, Germany
- Love's Travel Stops & Country Stores Inc. of Oklahoma City
- Olga Nurmasheva of Orenburg, Russia
- Stephen Pasco of Stoke Bishop, England
- Jwalit Patel of Bloomingdale, Ill.
- Rontec Watford Ltd. of Watford, England
- Torsten Rothamel of Kelkheim, Germany
- Alexander Ruscheinsky of Regensburg, Germany
- Jennifer Torres & Jeffery Torres Oh of Yishun, Singapore
Subway Development Agents, who are usually franchisees themselves, create teams in their markets to work with franchisees on a wide range of tasks, from food safety and appearance to new product launches and brand initiatives. In their role, they help franchisees operate exceptional and profitable sandwich shops, the company said.
Subway Development Agents of the Year are Franz Amrhein, Montserrat Odio and Jan Holtermann in Costa Rica; Dave Kelsey and Daljit Nahil in the United Kingdom; and Deniz Yasemin in Turkey.