October's Top New Products Deliver Warm Flavors
LOS ANGELES — As temperatures cool down across the United States, consumers are seeking products that offer a fall flavor and feel, according to market research firm Instantly Inc.'s latest Shelf Score report. The monthly report ranks the top 10 new consumer product goods (CPGs) hitting supermarket and convenience store shelves by consumer intent to purchase.
With a whopping 78-percent purchase intent, Nabisco Hot Cocoa Chips Ahoy Cookies, which are meant to be served warm, handily topped the ranking for October. Creative Snacks Co.'s Apple Cider Yogurt Pretzels also rose to popularity by tapping into yet another classic fall flavor.
Products with a better-for-you angle also made the latest list, including Thrive Culinary Algae Oil and Mediterra Savory Bar: Kale & Pumpkin Seeds.
The top 10 new products and their purchase intent scores for October were:
- Nabisco Hot Cocoa Chips Ahoy Cookies — 78 percent
- Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers: Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry — 73 percent
- Creative Snacks Co. Apple Cider Yogurt Pretzels — 61 percent
- Kellogg's Frosted Flakes with Energy Clusters — 58 percent
- Dunkin' Donuts Bakery Series Ground Coffee: Vanilla Cupcake — 58 percent
- Campbell's Fresh-Brewed Soup K-Cup Pods and Noodle Packets — 57 percent
- Daiya Black Cherry Greek Yogurt Alternative — 56 percent
- Mountain Dew Game Fuel Berry Lime — 54 percent
- Thrive Culinary Algae Oil — 52 percent
- Mediterra Savory Bar: Kale & Pumpkin Seeds — 50 percent
To determine the scores each month, 300 consumers evaluate each new product on their mobile devices at home or in-store via the Instantly Concept Test platform, which collects feedback on key success indicators such as purchase intent, differentiation, need/desire and value.