Rahim Budhwani Named New NACS Chairman
ATLANTA — NACS, the Association for Convenience & Fuel Retailing, named Rahim Budhwani, CEO at Hoover, Ala.-based 6040 LLC, the association's chairman during the 2016 NACS Show here.
Budhwani also chairs the NACS Executive Committee, which provides strategic direction and financial oversight to the association. In addition, he served on the board of directors of the Petroleum and Convenience Marketers of Alabama and on the NACS/Coca-Cola Retailing Research Council.
Budhwani earned a bachelor’s in information technology from the University of Pune and a degree in hotel management and food technology. He is currently working on a degree in aviation business administration and was also a lieutenant in the Civil Air Patrol, an auxiliary of the U.S. Air Force. Budhwani and his wife, Kulsum, live in Hoover with their two children.
NACS also named seven members to its executive committee. They are:
- Vice Chairman-Treasurer: Joe Sheetz, president and CEO of Altoona, Pa.-based Sheetz Inc.;
- Vice Chairman, Legislative: Julie Jackowski, senior vice president and corporate general counsel and secretary of Ankeny, Iowa-based Casey’s General Stores Inc.;
- Vice Chairman, Convention: Wendy Chronister, CEO of Springfield, Ill.-based Chronister Oil Co. (Qik-n-EZ);
- Vice Chairman, Research: Kevin Smartt, CEO of Austin, Texas-based Kwik Chek Food Stores Inc.;
- Vice Chairman, Member Services: Jared Scheeler, managing director of Dickinson, N.D.-based The Hub Convenience Stores Inc.;
- Vice Chairman, International: Frank Gleeson, region managing director and chief operating officer of Dublin, Ireland-based Aramark Ireland; and
- Vice Chairman: Ari Haseotes, CEO of Framingham, Mass.-based Cumberland Farms Inc.
NACS also named 2015-16 Chairman Jack Kofdarali, president of Corona, Calif.-based J&T Management Inc., and 2014-15 Chairman, Steve Loehr, vice president, operations support of La Crosse, Wis.-based Kwik Trip Inc., to its executive committee.
Alexandria, Va.-based NACS has 2,100 retail and 1,700 supplier member companies, which do business in nearly 50 countries.