Rutter's Plans $450,000 in New Charitable Contributions in 2010
YORK, Pa. -- The Rutter's companies has made a new round of 2010 charitable contributions totaling $453,000 to nonprofit organizations throughout its market region. Including the latest commitments, Rutter's charitable contributions since 2003 now surpass $2.65 million, according to the company.
"Rutter's has been fortunate to continue its growth despite the challenging economic times," Scott Hartman, president and CEO of Rutter's Farm Stores, said in a statement. "But we also have a responsibility to give back to the communities that make our success possible in the first place. We're honored to support these worthy organizations and causes."
The 2010 donation recipients include:
• Crispus Attucks Association Junior Achievement of South Central Pennsylvania
• Bobcat Foundation at Northeastern School District
• Leg Up Farm in York County
• YMCA of York and York County
• Children's Home of York
• York County Library System
• Waynesboro Area Business & Community Foundation
• Inspiring Hope Inc.
• Jewish Community Center in York.