Owner & Chief Financial Officer, Mendez Auto Services
- Since 1979, Mendez has served as general manager of her family’s Chevron-branded stations, where she helped open Chevron’s first c-store in Orange County, Calif.
- In 1992, she purchased Plaza Chevron from her father. Her husband and two sons work alongside her in the business.
- Mendez is an active member of Chevron’s Extra Mile Franchise Advisory Council and is involved in implementing a formal mentor program within the Chevron franchise group.
Owner, Westmoor Chevron
- Papoulias is responsible for everything involved with running the business, from top-level management decisions to day-to-day operations. She has two direct reports and 11 employees.
- She began working in her father’s gasoline station business as a child and joined full-time in 1991. In 2014, she helped drive the Westmoor, Calif. station’s rebuild construction project to replace the three-bay auto care business with a convenience store.
- In 2015, Papoulias established her own limited liability company, took over the business and, following a seven month-long renovation project, opened the convenience store.