Get great content like this right in your inbox.Subscribe
Store Manager, Alon Brands Retail
- Bridges began with Alon as a sales associate in 2008 and quickly rose through the ranks to become store manager of the retailer’s Wichita Falls, Texas, location.
- She currently manages Alon’s highest-volume convenience store in the district.
- Under Bridges’ tutelage, the store she manages achieved 13.5 percent year-over-year sales growth and 22 percent year-over-year EBITDA growth, all while trimming labor expenses by 5 percent vs. the prior year.
Store Manager, Quik Stop, The Kroger Co.
- A 14-year Quik Stop veteran, Fletcher manages the convenience store retailer’s Carson City, Nev., store. She was also instrumental in opening the chain’s Sparks, Nev., store in 2004.
- She increased sales at her store by more than 6 percent year over year in 2015, along with achieving a 96-percent approval rate in mystery shopping trips.
- At Kroger’s 2015 Annual Managers Meeting, Fletcher won the award for second place in expense control.
Store Manager, Wawa Inc.
- Peterman oversees the strategic and day-to-day operations of the Wawa flagship store in Center City, Philadelphia, where she is responsible for the development and management of 85 employees.
- A six-year Wawa veteran, she has successfully managed five stores with increasing responsibility as a general manager. She has a consistent record of exceeding forecasts and catapulting her stores into profitability.
- Peterman graduated from Penn State University in 2010 with a degree in Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management.
Store Manager, Rutter’s Farm Stores
- Torney manages 33 employees at Rutter’s York, Pa., store, where she plays an integral part in the successful management and implementation of operational procedures, marketing initiatives, human resource policies and executive directives.
- In November 2004, she became a restaurant manager and in 2006, Torney was awarded Restaurant Manager of the Year for her sales and commitment to excellence. She also served as a foodservice supervisor before taking on her current role earlier this year.
- Torney has served on Rutter’s Advisory Board and works closely with the operations and marketing teams to make an impact at the store level.
Store Leader, GetGo, Giant Eagle Inc.
- As store leader of GetGo’s Delmont, Pa., location, Payne supervises all her team members, including senior team leaders, crew, kitchen and WetGo (car wash) leads.
- She is responsible for growing the business by allocating resources appropriately; driving sales and merchandise; controlling costs; developing talent; and coaching senior team leaders and team members on how to meet or exceed business goals.
- In addition to her daily duties, Payne has trained three GetGo store leaders this year as a master trainer in the Giant Eagle Retail Leadership Development Program.