TA, Petro Stopping Centers Top Driver Satisfaction Survey
WESTLAKE, Ohio -- The results of the fifth annual "Voted Best" survey are in, and TravelCenters of America LLC (TA) topped the rankings across multiple categories. The survey was conducted during August and September by Overdrive Magazine.
"The 2011 survey results show a clear and growing preference by drivers for what we call the 'Full-Service Advantage.' Our Petro Iron Skillet restaurants and TA Truck Service facilities were particularly dominant in their individual categories, and have been so for many years," said Tom O'Brien, president and CEO of TA, which operates travel centers in 41 states and Canada under the TravelCenters of America and Petro brands.
"Our efforts to provide the best service to our customers start with our respect for them. I am very excited that our customers are feeling that respect and have reflected that feeling back to us in this survey, particularly in categories related to the friendliness of our employees and the trust our customers have in us," O'Brien continued in his statement, released today.
In driver preference vs. the next closest truck stop brand, TA and Petro were preferred:
• 3-to-1 in the Best Overall Truck Stop category
• 4-to-1 in Most Comprehensive Driver Services
• 3-to-1 for Best Employees
• 4-to-1 for Best Employee Understanding of Truckers
• 2-to-1 for Quickest Fueling Time
• 3-to-1 for Largest Parking Lots
• 2-to-1 for both Cleanest Showers and Cleanest Restrooms
• 4-to-1 for Best Overall Food
• 4-to-1 for both Best Travel Store and Best Trucker Merchandise
• 2-to-1 for Best Driver Rewards Program
• 2-to-1 for Best Smartphone Application
With convenient locations off interstate highway exits, TA and Petro centers offer customers diesel and gasoline fueling services, full- and quick-service restaurants, 24-hour convenience stores, heavy-truck maintenance services, RoadSquad 24/7/365 emergency roadside service, WiFi communication and many other services -- all within large, high-traffic facilities.