Thorntons Recognizes General Managers & Vendors
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Thorntons honored general managers and vendor partners for their exceptional leadership and commitment to the Thorntons brand during the convenience store chain's recent General Managers Conference in Orlando, Fla.
Loretta Freudiger of Thorntons Store 550 in Fairfield, Ohio, was named the 2016 General Manager of the Year. After joining Thorntons as a store manager in 2008, Freudiger was promoted to general manager in less than one year. In celebration of her sales growth and performance, she received a night's stay at the Ritz-Carlton Presidential Suite; transportation to and from the airport in a limousine; a ride home in a private jet; an all-expenses paid trip to the vacation destination of her choice; and two cars, including a Cadillac Escalade.
Thorntons also honored vendor partners who made significant contributions to the company's success in 2015. S&D Coffee was named Vendor of the Year, an award given to the vendor partner who consistently provides superior products and service to team members in stores and at its Store Support Center. S&D's efforts were recognized as a key contributing factor to Thorntons' ability to exceed customer expectations while helping to reposition a key component of its dispensed beverage business. Wendy Redmond accepted on behalf of S&D.
Other honorees include:
- McLane received the 2016 Thorntons Initiative Award, accepted by Rob McFarlane. Thorntons presents this award to companies or individuals that best exemplify the retailer initiative as outlined during its annual meeting.
- Coca-Cola also received the 2016 Thorntons Initiative Award, accepted by Guy Cook.
- Lipari received the Category Contribution for Fresh Food Award, accepted by Tony Franchi, Bob Bravard and Megan Harned. This award is given to a lead supplier that has provided the most objective and insightful category information pertaining to customer, competition and category performance.
- Prime the Pump was named Fuel Partner of the Year, accepted by Mike O'Brien. This award is given to the organization or individual that has gone above and beyond in partnership with Thorntons to meet the goals set for the fuel category, including supply, distribution and product development.
- The Illinois Corn Marketing Board was given the Alternative Fuel Partner award, accepted by Dave Loos. This award is reserved for the company or individual that has provided the strongest support in the advancement of Thorntons' alternative fuel offerings.
Thorntons Inc. operates 181 convenience stores in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Florida and Tennessee.