TravelCenters Helps Meet Medical Needs of Professional Drivers
WESTLAKE, Ohio — TravelCenters of America LLC, operator of TA and Petro Stopping Centers branded travel centers, announced that 22 of its locations now offer services geared toward professional drivers’ medical needs.
The travel center operator — as well as some of its franchisees — lease space for these services to third parties that are not affiliated with the retailer.
Twenty-one of the 22 locations offer Department of Transportation (DOT) physicals for professional drivers.
The chain's locations servicing drivers' medical needs include:
- Petro Ontario, Calif. (I-10, Exit 57)
- TA Ontario, Calif. (I-10, Exit 57)
- Petro Wheeler Ridge, Calif. (I-5, Exit 219A/219B)
- TA Woodstock, Ontario, Canada (Provincial Hwy 401, Exit 230; does not offer DOT physicals)
- TA Wheat Ridge, Colo. (I-70, Exit 266)
- Petro Atlanta, Ga. (I-285, Exit 12)
- TA Atlanta South, Ga. (I-75, Exit 201)
- Petro Carnesville, Ga. (I-85, Exit 160)
- Petro Rochelle, Ill. (I-39, Exit 99)
- Petro Hammond, La. (I-12, Exit 40)
- TA Las Vegas (I-15, Exit 33)
- Petro Sparks, Nev. (I-80, Exit 21)
- Petro Bordentown, N.J. (I-295, Turnpike Exit 7)
- Petro Girard, Ohio (I-80, Exit 226)
- Petro Scranton, Pa. (I-81, Exit 178B)
- TA Antioch, Tenn. (I-24, Exit 62)
- TA Nashville, Tenn. (I-24, Exit 48)
- TA Baytown, Texas (I-10, Exit 789)
- Petro Weatherford, Texas (I-20, Exit 409)
- Petro Raphine, Va. (I-81, Exit 205)
- Petro Portage, Wis. (I-90/I-94/I-39, Exit 108A)
- Petro Racine, Wis. (I-94, Exit 333)
Leasing space for medical services coincides with TravelCenters’ StayFit program, which launched six years ago to assist drivers in getting healthier and more fit. The StayFit program includes healthier meal options at TA and Petro full-service restaurants, and better-for-you snack options labeled with the StayFit symbol at participating locations.
Free fitness rooms, walking trails and basketball courts are offered at a number of locations nationwide. Many locations also now offer horseshoe and bean bag toss recreation options, allowing professional drivers the ability to foster a sense of community and respect with one another while getting in some light exercise, according to the travel center operator.
Westlake-based TravelCenters of America LLC operates under the Minit Mart, TA and Petro Stopping Centers brands in 43 states and Canada.