Candy Hall of Fame Inducts 13 New Members
TAMPA, Fla. -- Success is sweet, especially when The National Confectionery Sales Association (NCSA) is celebrating it.
The NCSA recently inducted 13 industry veterans into the Candy Hall of Fame. The black-tie gala took place Oct. 19 during the association's 114th annual meeting, a three-day event at the Renaissance Tampa International Plaza Hotel in Tampa, Fla. A record 360 people attended the induction ceremony.
The inductees were:
- Russel Berg, E.A. Berg Associates
- Robert Boutin, Knechtel Inc.
- Robert Edelheit, Hanson Faso Sales & Marketing Inc.
- Larry Graham, The National Confectioners' Association
- Pat Huffman, The Warrell Corp.
- Michael Koch, Morley Candy Makers/Sanders Candy
- Keith McDaniel, Wythe Will Tzetzo LLC
- Michael Rainey, Liberty Orchards Co. Inc.
- Michael Rosenberg, The Promotion in Motion Cos. Inc.
- John Scardina, Eby-Brown Co. LLC
- Leo Tanis, Tanis Confectionery
- Dennis Witzel, Dennis Witzel Sales & Consulting
- William Luden, founder of the Luden throat drop brand, inducted posthumously
In addition, NCSA presented its Distinguished Service Medal to Michael Gilmore of Ferrara Candy Co. Inc. Gilmore was previously inducted into the Candy Hall of Fame in 2001.
Formed in 1899, NCSA is dedicated to furthering positive growth and acceptance of confectionery products, and recognizing the achievements of category leaders from all sectors of the international industry, according to the organization.
The Candy Hall of Fame was founded in 1971 and recognizes lifetime career achievements in the confectionery industry.