Cenex Zip Trip Joins Verge Retail Connect Platform
ST. PAUL, Minn. — Cenex Zip Trip selected the Verge Retail Connect platform to power its first customer smartphone app.
"Cenex Zip Trip is committed to providing the very best possible experience for our customers; we knew Verge could work closely with us to deliver on that commitment," said Jon Fleck, merchandising manager of Cenex Zip Trip.
The mobile platform provides retailers with the ability to interact with customers and forms the foundational framework for third-party loyalty, point-of-sale and location services.
Connect features loyalty games, customer-specific coupons, easy feedback, store mapping, current gas prices and more including:
- A user interface with home screen that changes based on time, location and usage of the app.
- Time highlighted promotions that recommend promotions to customers based on time of day.
- Daily Challenge trivia question or riddle.
- Birthday Club, which automatically wishes customers a happy birthday and provides an exclusive offer.
- Social integration, making it easy for customers to share deals.
"We're proud to add Cenex Zip Trip to our growing base of discerning c-store retailers building their brands with Connect," said Carson Kuehne, Verge Retail's chief innovations officer.
Cenex Zip Trip is a chain of 70 convenience/gas stores across Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota. Owned by St. Paul-based CHS Inc., Cenex Zip Trip is part of a network of more than 1,400 Cenex fueling stations in 19 states.
Verge Retail is the technology spinoff of North Carolina-based M.R. Williams, Inc. Its technology is deployed across more than 5,000 retail outlets.