CSNews Extends Entry Period for 2016 Store Design Contest
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Convenience Store News is extending the entry period for its 11th-annual Store Design Contest. Convenience store chains and single-store owners can now enter new builds and remodels through July 15.
The awards program honors new and rebuilt c-stores whose designs excel in areas such as interior layout, use and effectiveness of signage and logos, and exterior property and landscaping. Construction or remodeling of eligible stores must have taken place between January 2015 and April 2016.
Award categories for 2016 are:
- Best Original Store Design (a new build)
- Best Interior Design (a new build)
- Best "Green" Design
- Best Low Cost Remodel (less than $100,000)
- Best Mid-Budget Remodel ($100,000 to $250,000)
- "The Sky's the Limit" Remodel (more than $250,000)
- Best International Design
- Best Travel Center/Truck Stop Design
There is a handling fee of $125 for chains and $75 for single stores for each entry. All entries must include a completed official entry form; a brief description of the store; design/remodel objectives; challenges and results (i.e. sales, customer traffic, etc.); and before-and-after images. Multiple entries by one company in each category are permitted as long as the designs are different and unique.
Click here to access the 2016 online entry form.