JERSEY CITY, N.J. — More than 50 female managers, directors and executives who work in the convenience store industry will be honored later this year in the second-annual Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience awards program.
The Top Women in Convenience program recognizes a diverse array of women in the convenience retail industry, including leaders, mentors and role models. Honorees are chosen based on nominations from their peers that illustrate a candidate’s innovative corporate initiatives, extraordinary financial and strategic accomplishments, astute-problem solving acumen, exceptional performance and selfless charitable participation, among other attributes that go above and beyond the call of duty.
This year’s judging was conducted by Convenience Store News in conjunction with the Network of Executive Women (NEW) and the Top Women in Convenience Advisory Board, which includes all five 2014 Women of the Year honorees
The 2015 Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience program is sponsored by presenting sponsor Altria Group Distribution Co., platinum sponsor The Kraft Heinz Co., and gold sponsors Acosta Sales & Marketing, Anheuser-Busch and BIC Consumer Products.
This year’s Top Women in Convenience are:
WOMEN OF THE YEAR
Recognized for their exceptional impact on the success or direction of their company, as well as their positive impact on the convenience store industry
- Jenny Bullard, chief information officer, Flash Foods Inc.
- Kimberli Carroll, senior vice president, foodservice division, Ruiz Food Products
- Tammy Floyd, vice president/controller, CST Brands Inc.
- Stacy Loretz-Congdon, senior VP/chief financial officer, Core-Mark International
- Sandra Morgenstern, president/CEO, Par Mar Oil Co.
Retailer, supplier and wholesaler executives who have executed strategy and transformed their business in a positive manner
- Karla Ahlert, treasurer, RaceTrac Petroleum Inc.
- Debbie Armentrout, general manager/owner-operator, Allen Oil/Quick Mart & More
- Dagmar Boggs, president, global customer team, Coca-Cola North America
- Kathleen Byrd, CVP — c-store national accounts, Kraft Heinz Co.
- Myra Canterbury, president, Simmons-Corp.
- Wendy Chronister, CEO, Chronister Oil Co.
- Niki DePhilips, senior VP store development, Kum & Go LC
- Kelly Fulford, senior category development manager, General Mills Convenience
- Jane Green, VP marketing, Swisher International
- Cindy Henderson, executive director, operations support, CST Brands
- Carolyn Hood, national sales director, Wm. Bolthouse Farms
- Jeannine Peterson, director, foodservice, Circle K
- Sharon Porter, director, sales & marketing, Insight Beverages
- Nancy Riggs, VP, Quik Stop, C-stores/Small Format Division, The Kroger Co.
- Kathy Ronan, customer sales executive, convenience store channel, The Hershey Co.
- Melissa Rosen, CEO/co-founder, Locali Conscious Convenience
- Tobi-Lee Russell, VP human resources, Cumberland Farms Inc.
- Becky Shotwell, president, Stop’nGo of Medina
- Teresa Smith, VP operations, Tom Thumb, C-stores/Small Format Division, The Kroger Co.
- Karin Thrift, director of sales, convenience, Clif Bar & Co.
- Ginny Webb, chief information officer, Love’s Travel Stops & Country Stores
- Whitney Woodward, VP human resources, RaceTrac Petroleum
A new category composed of women who have made an extraordinary impact on the careers of their colleagues
- Sherry Bevers, senior customer accounts manager, U.S. Oil/U.S. Venture
- Diana Farquhar, floating training manager, Alon Brands Retail
- Tonjalia Green, zone manager, CST Brands
- Cassandra Matos, product director, McLane Co.
- Dayna Reed, director, promotions & market research, RaceTrac Petroleum
Women with job titles above store manager but below vice president who are making their mark on the c-store industry at early stages in their careers
- Tara Anderson, category manager, lunch daypart, Holiday Stationstores
- Leti Andrade, executive director human resources, CST Brands
- Kelly Andrus, manager, credit card services, Tesoro Refining & Marketing Co.
- Linda Bell, regional operations manager, Turkey Hill Minit Markets, C-stores/Small Format Division, The Kroger Co.
- Lauren Bowers, regional manager, GSP
- Perri Brackett, account executive, Procter & Gamble
- Karen Brown, director of category leadership, Anheuser-Busch In-Bev
- Michelle DeLamielleure, senior manager of consumer insights, General Mills
- Alissa Ecker, growth channel customer supply chain lead, Kraft Heinz Co.
- Leah Emanuele, marketing assistant, GetGo (Giant Eagle Inc.)
- Jessica Irwin, merchandising manager, center of store, GetGo
- Amy Jowell, zone merchandising leader, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Elena Lau, regional operations manager, Loaf ‘N Jug, C-stores/Small Format Division, The Kroger Co.
- Abby Panfil, director of sales strategy and planning retail sales, Kellogg Specialty Channels
- Shaunna Patrick, director, convenience — West, The Hershey Co.
- Jamie Rodgers, senior manager of hot foods & quality assurance, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Stacie Tonniges, category manager, cigarettes & tobacco, Casey’s General Stores Inc.
- Kim Williams, senior category advisory manager, The Coca-Cola Co.
- Leslie Considine, complex manager, Ports Petroleum
- Tina Felton, Rutter’s Farm Stores
- Veronica Holguin, Alon Brands
- Soo Sang, CST Brands
- Janet Stembridge, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Gigi Colosimo, owner, On The Go
- Melissa Lacour, owner, Black Bear Store
- D'Juana McCartney, part owner/manager, Wooly’s One Stop
The second-annual Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience awards presentation will be held in October. Stay tuned for specific details.
Top Women in Convenience Advisory Board members are:
- Kim Lubel, Chairman, President and CEO, CST Brands Inc.
- Allison Moran, CEO, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Gwen Forman, Vice President of Marketing, Cumberland Farms
- Barbara Poremba, Vice President National Retail Sales for the Foodservice in Retail Center of Excellence, Coca-Cola Refreshments
- Jennifer Rhoads, President and CEO, Ohio Petroleum Marketers and Convenience Store Association
- Joan Toth, President and CEO, Network of Executive Women
- Blake Benefiel, Director – Trade & State Relations, Training, & Compliance, Altria Group Distribution Company
- Beth Jarocki, Customer VP, C-store Channel, Kraft Foods Group
Be sure to check out the July issue of Convenience Store News for profiles on all of this year’s winners.