JERSEY CITY, N.J. — More than 60 female managers, directors and executives who work in the convenience store industry will be honored later this year in the third-annual Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience awards program.
The Top Women in Convenience program recognizes a diverse array of women in the convenience retail industry, including leaders, mentors and role models. Honorees are chosen based on nominations from their peers that illustrate a candidate’s innovative corporate initiatives, extraordinary financial and strategic accomplishments, astute-problem solving acumen, exceptional performance and selfless charitable participation, among other attributes that go above and beyond the call of duty.
This year’s judging was conducted by Convenience Store News in conjunction with the Network of Executive Women (NEW) and the 2016 Top Women in Convenience Advisory Board, which includes all five 2015 Women of the Year honorees.
This year’s Top Women in Convenience are:
WOMEN OF THE YEAR
Recognized for their exceptional impact on the success or direction of their company, as well as their positive impact on the convenience store industry
- Laura Asbell, Regional VP, Convenience, Mondelēz International Inc.
- Niki DePhillips, SVP, Store Development, Kum & Go LC
- Sharon Kuncl, VP, Merchandising — Foodservice, Eby-Brown Co. LLC
- Danielle Mattiussi, VP, Retail Adventures, Maverik Inc.
- Nancy Smith, SVP, Merchandising, Fresh Food & Beverages, 7-Eleven Inc.
Retailer, supplier and wholesaler executives who have executed strategy and transformed their business in a positive manner
- Julie Candow, Supervisor of Retail Operations, Energy North Group
- Stephanie Doliveria, VP, Human Resources, Sheetz Inc.
- Maria Fidelibus, VP, Information Technology, QuickChek Corp.
- Michelle Flegel, Sr. Director, National Accounts, PepsiCo Inc.
- Anne Flint, Sr. Category Manager, Tobacco, Cumberland Farms Inc.
- Kelly Fulford, Sr. Category Manager, Convenience, General Mills Convenience & Foodservice
- Melissa Hadley, Director, Product Management, The Pinnacle Corp.
- Helen Hayes, VP, Tax, Core-Mark Holding Co.
- Melanie Isbill, Exec. Director of Marketing, RaceTrac Petroleum Inc.
- Julie Jackson, SVP, General Manager, G&M Oil Co.
- Roxanne Lowder, National Sales & Execution, Coca-Cola North America
- Debbie Markovich, Fuel Manager, Quik Stop (The Kroger Co.)
- Colleen McGlinn, CEO, Tri-State Petroleum Corp.
- Karen Mitchener, Director, Human Resources, Ricker Oil Co.
- Leslie Owens, Director, Retail Operations, Tri-State Petroleum
- Victoria Person-Goral, Area VP of Trade Marketing, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
- Sophie Provencher, Marketing & Merchandising Director, CST Brands Inc.
- Lori Rodman, VP, Sales, Century Distributors Inc.
- Coleen Snyder, East Region Category Manager, H.T. Hackney Co.
- Sandra Surratt, Director, Contract/Convenience Sales, Kellogg Co.
- Jeanne Swisher, Account Executive, R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.
- Julie Van Alyea, President, Redwood Oil Co.
- Ena Williams, SVP, International, 7-Eleven
- Karen Yeakel, Exec. Director, Investor Relations, CrossAmerica Partners LP
Women who have made an extraordinary impact on the careers of their colleagues
- Miranda Anderson, Director, Human Resources, Florida, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Heidi Barnhart, Market Manager, North America Circle K Team, GSP
- Beth Coldsmith, Sr. Director, Acosta Sales & Marketing
- Judy Grover-Allen, Exec. Director, Information Systems, CST Brands
- Randi Sheeler, Personnel & Ops Supervisor, Rutter’s Farm Stores
Women with job titles above store manager, but below vice president, who are making their mark on the c-store industry at early stages in their careers
- Kristina Appen, Sr. Manager, Special Projects, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Angie Bell, District Manager, Texas, Murphy USA Inc.
- Carla Boyington, Director, Center Store, Core-Mark International
- Leanne Budolfson, Employee Communication Manager, Cumberland Farms
- Brandi Cushman, Category Manager, Tobacco, C.N. Brown Co.
- Trisha Daubert, District Manager, Turkey Hill Minit Markets (Kroger)
- Heather Davis, Exec. Director, Finance Integration, CrossAmerica Partners
- Stephanie Dorsey, Account Manager, Mid-Atlantic, Altria Group Distribution Co.
- Caroline Filchak, Director, Human Resources, Clipper Petroleum Inc.
- Laura White, Category Manager, Tobacco, RaceTrac Petroleum
- Jamie Kiefer, District Manager, Tom Thumb Food Stores (Kroger)
- Abbey Mitchell, Sr. Trade Manager, Trade & Pricing, General Mills Inc.
- Mary Morketter, VP, Short Stop Food Marts
- Suzanne Music, Merchandising Coordinator, Loaf ‘N Jug C-stores (Kroger)
- Heather Nicholas, District Manager, Kwik Shop (Kroger)
- Sheril Retson, Category Manager, Center Store, Chevron Corp.
- Mary Ridout, Manager, Non-Foods Merchandising, United Refining Co. (Kwik Fill)
- Jackie Smith, District Manager, Texas, Murphy USA
- Julia Stafford, Sr. Category Manager, Sunoco LP/Stripes
- Laura L. Wayne, Director, National Retail Sales, Coca-Cola North America
- Courtney Williams, Prepared Foods Sales Manager, Sheetz
- Amber Bridges, Store Manager, Alon Brands Retail
- Maureena Fletcher, Store Manager, Quik Stop (Kroger)
- Maxi Peterman, Store Manager, Wawa Inc.
- Mindy Torney, Store Manager, Rutter’s
- Christal Payne, Store Leader, GetGo (Giant Eagle Inc.)
- Marylou Mendez, Owner/CFO, Mendez Auto Services
- Grace Papoulias, Owner, Westmoor Chevron
The 2016 Convenience Store News Top Women in Convenience program is sponsored by presenting sponsor Altria Group Distribution Co.; platinum sponsors Ruiz Foods Products Co. and R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.; and gold sponsors BIC Consumer Products, Eby-Brown Co. LLC and Mondelēz International Inc.
The awards presentation will be held in October. More details will be released soon. And be sure to check out the August issue of Convenience Store News for profiles on all of this year’s honorees.