Family Express Completes Chainwide Energy Efficiency Initiative
VALPARAISO, Ind. – Family Express Corp. recently completed a comprehensive energy efficiency initiative, retrofitting the entire chain with advanced technologies. To do so, the company partnered with multiple manufacturers with individual areas of expertise.
"This affords us the opportunity to not only achieve the highest efficiency standards for our chain, but to also grace our stores with superior lighting that is environmentally non-intrusive, yet pleasant and effective," stated Greg Laroux, vice president of facilities/information technology.
"We wanted to engage with the best performer in each area of energy efficiency, and in order to do so, we had to partner with those manufacturers that have a proven and accomplished record of achievement," Laroux added. "Our initiative was comprehensive and it included not just lighting, but an energy intelligence system, new rooftop heating and air conditioning units, motion sensors, etc."
The energy technology partners that Family Express aligned with included:
- Dencor Energy Control Systems; Englewood, Colo. - Energy intelligence system
- Trane; Indianapolis - High-efficiency rooftop heating and air conditioning
- Leviton Manufacturing Co.; Melville, N.Y. - Motion sensor switches
- LSI Industries; Cincinnati - Canopy lighting
- GE Lighting; Cleveland - Signage lighting
- Anthony; Sylmar, Calif. - Vertical refrigerated LEDs
- Hussmann; Bridgeton, Mo. - Horizontal refrigerated cases
Family Express operates 50-plus convenience stores in northwest and north central Indiana.