High's of Baltimore Throws 90th Anniversary Party
BALTIMORE — High's of Baltimore LLC is celebrating its 90th anniversary this summer, with festivities kicking off July 2 and running through Sept. 31.
In commemoration of the milestone, High's will host a series of on-site events to promote monthly sweepstakes drawings. One winner from each of High's 46 convenience stores will win: free coffee for a month; free fountain beverages for a month; TVs; gift cards; grills; ice cream for a year; and concert tickets.
The first sweepstakes event will be held July 12 at High's 40, located at 3045 Rogers Ave., Ellicott City, Md. At the event, High's will present a check to The American Red Cross from a fundraiser it held in the month of June for those impacted by the heavy rains and flooding earlier this year, followed by a "Scratch & Scoop" event with WBAL/98 Rock and The Maryland Lottery beginning.
High's will also offer a different promotion each week to celebrate their 90-year commitment to their customers, such as:
- Week of July 2: 32-ounce fountain soda for 90 cents
- Week of July 9: 20-ounce coffee for 90 cents
- Week of July 16: Buy any roller grill item and get the second one for 90 cents (available at participating locations)
- Week of July 23: Buy any 20-ounce Coke product and get a David's or BIG Seed product for 90 cents
- Week of July 30: 90 cents off High's ice cream pints
- Week of Aug. 6: 16-ounce Coca-Cola products for 90 cents
- Week of Aug. 13: 24-ounce Peace Tea for 90 cents
- Week of Aug. 20: All standard-size Mars candy bars for 90 cents
- Week of Aug. 27: All single-serve High's Water for 90 cents
- Week of Sept. 3: Buy one bag of Bugles, get one for 90 cents
- Week of Sept. 10: 12-ounce High's milkshake for 90 cents (available at participating locations)
- Week of Sept. 17: Standard-size Reese's for 90 cents
- Week of Sept. 24: High's reusable 20-ounce cup for 90 cents
In addition, High's will host a 90th Anniversary Celebration Weekend July 26-29, during which time it will offer single-scoop ice cream cones of 90 cents.
In 1928, the High's brand was established, with its ice cream store chain growing rapidly to more than 500 locations throughout the Mid-Atlantic states. In 2012, Carroll Independent Fuel Co. acquired High's, which today operates 47 c-stores run by a team of 500 individuals.