NACS Board Welcomes Five New Retailer Members
LAS VEGAS -- NACS, the Association for Convenience & Fuel Retailing, elected five new retailer members to serve on its board of directors during a meeting here at the 2014 NACS Show.
The new members are:
- Tony Bartys, senior vice president and chief operating officer of CST Brands Inc.; San Antonio.
- Anderson Jones, president and CEO of Sprint Food Stores Inc.; Augusta, Ga.
- Kyle McKeen, president and CEO of Alon Brands Inc.; Dallas.
- Donald Rhoads, president and CEO of The Convenience Group LLC; Vancouver, Wash.
- Stephen Christopher Spinks, CEO of The Spinx Co. Inc.; Greenville, S.C.
Prior to taking on the COO role with CST Brands in 2013, Bartys served in various capacities with Valero Energy Corp., including vice president of operations and marketing for Valero Retail Holdings, and vice president of retail operations for Valero Energy.
Jones has been president and CEO of Sprint Food Stores since 1996. Previously, he was vice president and then president and CEO of MB Jones Oil Co.
McKeen has served as president and CEO of Alon Brands since the organization was formed by Alon USA in 2008. Before joining Alon Brands, he was president and COO of Carter Energy, an independent fuel marketer based in Overland Park, Kan.
Rhoads joined The Convenience Group in 2000. He began his convenience industry career in 1989 as president of Quick Shop Minit Mart, a 51-unit chain in Vancouver.
Before being named CEO of the family-owned Spinx Co. in 2013, Spinks served the company in numerous other capacities, including as president, chief financial officer, controller, price analyst, construction manager and territory manager.
NACS is led by a 30-member board of directors, which includes three retailers from non-North American countries and the chairman and chairman-elect of the NACS Supplier Board.