November's Top New Products Embody Indulgence
LOS ANGELES — Consumers are embracing decadence in all forms as the holidays approach, whether that means indulgent chocolate or holiday popcorn, according to market research firm Instantly Inc.'s latest Shelf Score report. The monthly report ranks the top 10 new consumer product goods hitting supermarket and convenience store shelves by consumer intent to purchase.
In November, consumers were especially interested in chocolate, with Dove Promises: Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate topping the list at a 75-percent purchase intent, followed by Hershey’s Kisses Deluxe Chocolates at 73 percent.
Holiday variants of existing products also got attention, as evidenced by Cracker Jack Holiday Sugar Cookie Popcorn (62-percent purchase intent) and Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop: White Chocolate Peppermint Holidrizzle Kettle Corn (54-percent purchase intent).
The top 10 new products and their purchase intent scores for November were:
- Dove Promises: Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate — 75 percent
- Hershey’s Kisses Deluxe Chocolates — 73 percent
- Cracker Jack Holiday Sugar Cookie Popcorn — 62 percent
- Bourbon Barbecue Chicken Pringles — 58 percent
- Special K Chocolatey Dipped Mint Protein Meal Bars — 57 percent
- Emerald Sriracha Cashews — 57 percent
- Starkist New Salmon Creations: Lemon Dill — 55 percent
- Ben & Jerry’s Salted Caramel Brown-ie Ale Ice Cream — 54 percent
- Angie’s Boom Chicka Pop: White Chocolate Peppermint Holidrizzle Kettle Corn — 54 percent
- Follow Your Heart VeganEgg 100% Plant Based Egg Replacer — 46 percent
To determine the scores each month, 300 consumers evaluate each new product on their mobile devices at home or in-store via the Instantly Concept Test platform, which collects feedback on key success indicators such as purchase intent, differentiation, need/desire and value.