Wally’s is also focused on delivering diverse and elevated fresh food items for on-the-go families. For starters, a carving station offers barbecue brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, which can be complemented with a sweet treat from its section of just-baked desserts.
On the beverage side, Wally’s offers more than 60 soda-fountain flavors and 12 slushie options, in addition to a gourmet coffee bar featuring Intelligentsia coffee, nitro cold brew, alternative milks such as oat milk, and Circle kombucha on tap.
To fill the need for road-trip snacks, Wally’s features a beef jerky wall and a popcorn station offering a range of fun flavors popped fresh daily, as well as packaged chips, candy, fruit and vegetables.
Wally’s is also dedicated to providing old-fashioned courtesy with all the modern technology and contemporary amenities travelers have come to expect, noted Rubenstein. This includes:
- State-of-the-art restrooms with more than 40 stalls;
- A full-time facility manager onsite 24/7;
- 76 fueling stations and four electric vehicle charging stations with 50k-watt chargers;
- Free in-store Wi-Fi;
- A walk-in cooler providing access to beer, wine and liquor;
- A general store with camping supplies and road trip essentials; and
- A fun collection of Wally’s merchandise spanning shirts, hats, mugs, bumper stickers and other accessories.
According to Rubenstein, the company is “laser-focused” on ensuring its Pontiac location is the best it can be, down to the smallest details. In the future, the retailer has plans to bring Wally’s to additional states throughout the nation.