Redbox Rolls Out Video Game Rentals
OAKBROOK TERRACE, Ill. -- Starting today, Redbox customers can rent video games along with DVD and Blu-ray movies, the company announced. More than 21,000 Redbox kiosks nationwide now stock games for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
"From your local grocery, convenience or drugstore straight to your family room, the next dance-off, face-off or family night just got more affordable and fun," said Joel Resnik, vice president of video games for Redbox.
Games rent for $2 a day and can be reserved at specific kiosks by visiting www.redbox.com or using Redbox's free iPhone app.
Titles available to rent immediately include:
• Brink (PS3, X360)
• Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3, X360, Wii)
• Duke Nukem Forever (PS3, X360)
• Family Party: 90 Great Games (Wii)
• Infamous 2 (PS3)
• Just Dance 2 (Wii)
• LA Noire (PS3)
• Lego Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game (X360, Wii)
• Michael Jackson: The Experience (Wii)
• Red Faction: Armageddon (PS3, X360)
• Rio (Wii)
• Transformers: Dark of the Moon (PS3, X360, Wii)
• You Don't Know Jack (X360)
"America's destination for movies is now giving consumers access to the latest DVDs, Blu-ray discs and a selection of today's top video games," said Redbox President Mitch Lowe. "Redbox is now America's one-stop shop for entertainment."