TA Launches TruckSmart App for Android Users
WESTLAKE, Ohio -- TravelCenters of America LLC debuted its Android version of its TruckSmart mobile application. The version for the new platform comes nearly two months after TA launched TruckSmart 1.0 for Apple's iPhone.
The smartphone app lets professional drivers access real-time information about services and amenities at 228 TA and Petro Stopping Center sites, according to the company.
"Our iPhone customers were very excited to see how the TruckSmart app could help them check fuel prices, parking availability, shower availability, call for RoadSquad roadside assistance, see in-store specials and locate our sites with a touch of the screen," explained Tom O'Brien, TA president and CEO. "The app is one part of our 'full-service advantage' offering; it can be used by drivers to make more efficient stops and optimize their business."
Specifically, the app features:
- an interactive map displaying all TA and Petro locations, as well as turn-by-turn directions;
- current posted fuel prices, in addition to available showers at specific location;
- available truck parking spaces (an estimate updated every two hours) by location;
- location-specific amenities and services;
- TA and Petro restaurants, travel store and truck maintenance special offers;
- a link to the RoadSquad national network of roadside assistance services.