The Top Truck Stop in America Calls Texas Home
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — What does it take to crowned the top truck stop? Just ask Chevron in New Fairview, Texas, which took the No. 1 spot in Trucker Path Inc.’s 2017 Top 100 Truck Stops.
To arrive at its official 2017 ranking, Trucker Path analyzes a variety of criteria to award the best locations found in its mobile app. Truck stops and travel centers with available truck parking, praise-worthy customer service and useful amenities like showers, repair services, laundry facilities and WiFi put certain companies above the competition.
More than 500,000 truck drivers update locations on the Trucker Path and also comment on their experiences at truck stops by leaving ratings and reviews.
Trucker Path’s top 10 truck stops are:
- Chevron, 266 Private Road 4724, New Fairview, Texas
- Creek Travel Plaza, 4740 Jack Springs Road, Atmore, Ala.
- Karde’s 151, 2100 S. Main St., Monticello, Iowa
- Gore’s Travel Plaza (Roady’s), OK-3, Seiling, Seiling, Okla.
- Association of Christian Truckers, W. Cumberland Road, Brownstown, Ill.
- BJs Travel Center, 00 State Highway P, New Madrid, Mo.
- Love’s Ozark #566, U.S. Highway 231 at Campus Drive, Ozark, Ala.
- Hixton Travel Plaza, 151 Interstate Road N., Hixton, Wis.
- Love’s Bevier #621, 1402 State Highway O, Bevier, Mo.
- Kwik Trip Travel Center, 11th Drive N.E., Austin, Minn.
Most notably, Texas had three truck stops ranked in the top 15 with nine in the top 100 overall, more than any other state. Wisconsin finished second with five tanked in the top 100, and Alabama finishing third with four truck stops.
Trucker Path will recognize this year’s top truck stops with a window decal honoring the location as the “Best Places for 2017.”
The full list of the 2017 Top 100 Truck Stops is available here.
Mountain View-based Trucker Path Inc. is a transportation network company specializing in online and mobile services for the trucking industry. In 2013 it introduced the Trucker Path mobile app as a trip planning and resource locating solution.