Valero Fuels Spurs Fans With Coffee Giveaway
SAN ANTONIO -- Valero Corner Stores are giving NBA fans something extra to cheer about this playoff season.
The morning after a San Antonio Spurs playoff win, home or away, the convenience store retailer's San Antonio-area stores will offer Spurs fans a free cup of Cibolo Mountain Premium coffee or cappuccino for the duration of the team's 2013 playoff run.
No purchase or Spurs game ticket is necessary, and the promotion is open to everyone with a limit of one free cup of coffee or cappuccino per customer. The offer is valid between the hours of 5 a.m. and 10 a.m. each morning following a Spurs win.
The Spurs' playoff schedule is as follows:
- Game 1 — Sunday, April 21, Los Angeles Lakers at San Antonio Spurs
- Game 2 — Wednesday, April 24, Lakers at Spurs
- Game 3 — Friday, April 26, Spurs at Lakers
- Game 4 — Sunday, April 28, Spurs at Lakers
- Game 5 — Tuesday, April 30, Lakers at Spurs
- Game 6 — Thursday, May 2, Spurs at Lakers
- Game 7 — Saturday, May 4, Lakers at Spurs
Games five, six and seven will be played if necessary based upon the results of the series.
Valero Corner Stores is the operating banner of Valero Energy Corp.
As CSNews Online recently reported, Valero Energy Corp.'s board of directors approved the spinoff of its retail business, to be named CST Brands Inc. The oil company stated in a news release it expects to spin off 80 percent of its equity in CST Brands on May 1.
CST Brands will operate nearly 1,900 convenience stores and gas stations, including 1,032 in the United States. The retail locations are expected to maintain their current Valero Corner Store operating banner.