VIDEO: See How San Diego Retailers Connect with Latino Consumers
San Diego retailers Food4Less, La Bodega and Rite Aid, all located in Chula Vista, Calif., near the Mexican border, each target Hispanic shoppers in a different way. Watch this video of the Hispanic 360 Summit private bus tour with top executives from consumer product goods companies and retailers as they get close to the front lines with store tour guides Armando Martin, Manny Fields and Enrique Arbelaez, all members of XL Alliance.
Some quick highlights about the stores visited:
600 Palomar St., Chula Vista
• Regional value grocery store format owned by Kroger.
• Products include a bakery, dairy, deli, frozen foods, general grocery, meat (some with carnicerias), produce, seafood and more.
• Stores include signature Wall of Value.
• Primarily utilizes web and print advertising,
• This location has been open since 2001.
1193 Broadway, Chula Vista, Calif.
• This location has been open for 10 years.
• It is one of four stores in the area and two in Mexico.
• Caters to the Hispanic market.
• Well-known for its marinated carne asada (meat for grilling) and pollo asado (chicken for grilling).
• A television commercial is scheduled to air in Tijuana.
• This is a neighborhood store of approximately 8,500 square feet.
740 Otay Lakes Road, Chula Vista, Calif.
• Features Spanish-language signage.
• Employs Spanish-speaking associates.
• Has a younger customer base, due to its proximity to educational institutions of various types.
The 2011 Hispanic Retail 360 Summit Store Tour was sponsored by Starlite Media.