The retailer will also continue its commitment to supporting everyday heroes with a record-breaking donation of 3,000 meals in one week to organizations in each of its service areas. This includes:
- Einstein Healthcare Network in Pennsylvania
- Robert Wood Johnson Hospital in New Jersey
- Beebe Healthcare in Delaware
- Johns Hopkins Healthcare in Maryland
- Virginia Commonwealth University Health System in Virginia
- Northshore Medical Center in Florida
- Georgetown MedStar University Hospital in Washington, D.C.
The Wawa Foundation is also providing an additional $250,000 for eligible nonprofits and local food banks that can apply for support of hunger relief efforts in the company's serving territory. Interested organizations can apply at www.thewawafoundation.org by clicking "Apply for Support" on the homepage, then "Begin the Submission Process" and selecting "Financial Support."
The Wawa Foundation team will review requests quickly with approvals being communicated either through a call or via email. Submitting an application does not guarantee funding.
Based in Pennsylvania, Wawa operates more than more than 870 c-stores, with 600-plus offering fuel, in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, Florida and Washington, D.C.