Wawa Wants Rewards Members to 'Fall' for New Promotion
WAWA, Pa. — Convenience store retailer Wawa Inc. launched its Fall Free for All promotion as a way to reward customers for connecting through its mobile app and the Wawa Rewards program.
As part of the Fall Free for All promotion, the retailer will give away millions of freebies and surprises to its rewards members. This record number of giveaways is the largest in the history of the Wawa Rewards program and will more than double the total number of giveaways distributed since the beginning of 2016, according to the company.
All Wawa Rewards members with a registered gift card will receive something free every week for nine weeks, from Oct. 10 through Dec. 12.
The Fall Free for All promotion schedule includes the following:
- October: Fall Freebies — All Wawa Rewards members will receive a free Wawa favorite each week, including a 16-ounce handcrafted latte, a Shorti Hoagie and a Sizzli, starting Oct. 10.
- November: Free Coffee Fridays — Every Friday during November, Wawa Rewards members can receive one free coffee.
- December: 12 Days of Rewards — From Dec. 1 - Dec. 12, for 12 days Wawa Rewards members can enjoy free treats and special offers.
"It's a great time to be a Wawa Rewards member or to become one," said Carol Jensen, chief marketing officer for Wawa. "Our rewards program lets us connect with our customers while offering a more convenient way to pay for purchases and earn rewards. And now, with our fall promotion, we are delighted to say thank you to Wawa Rewards members in a big way with the largest giveaway in the history of our program."
In addition to the giveaways, Wawa Rewards members can use the Wawa app to:
- Pay in-store with a registered gift card
- Earn and redeem Wawa Rewards
- Check hours of operation and find directions to the nearest Wawa
- Check fuel prices and get real-time fuel prices at Wawa fuel stores
- View nutrition information and plan a meal and find out nutritional content
The Wawa mobile app, which features the Wawa Rewards program, is available free through the App Store for Apple devices and through Google Play for Android devices. Customers can register a Wawa gift card to earn Wawa Rewards and check their balance. Users can reload the card anytime. In addition, customers can use the free Xfinity Wi-Fi in all Wawa convenience stores to use the mobile app and pay in the stores.
Wawa launched Wawa Rewards in January 2015, and all of Wawa's 730-plus stores accept mobile payments. Since January 2016, more than 4 million rewards have been distributed.
New Rewards members are eligible for the Free for all Fall promotion immediately.
Wawa, Pa.-based Wawa operates more than 700 c-stores.