Year in Review: Most-Read Stories of 2015
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — Issues of leadership and company growth captured the interest of Convenience Store News readers in 2015, whether the news involved the latest retailer acquisition or spotlighting industry stars on every level.
Additionally, a court ruling from early in the year drew in many readers for its far-reaching consequences on major chains and single stores alike.
These are the top 10 most-read CSNews Online stories for 2015, based on website hits:
1. Pepsi, Kraft, MillerCoors Among Nielsen's Breakthrough Innovation Winners
Winners judged on distinctiveness, relevance and endurance.
2. CSNews Names More Than 50 as 2015 Top Women in Convenience
Roster includes senior-level execs, rising stars and store managers.
3. Supreme Court Won't Hear Swipe Fee Appeal
The judges' decision keeps 21-cent cap in place.
4. CST Brands to Acquire Flash Foods
Transaction would be largest in Corner Store parent's history.
5. CSNews Hall of Fame to Honor Kwik Trip's Zietlow, Coke's Ard
Speedway's Kenney to receive Retailer Executive of the Year award.
6. Altria's MarkTen Getting Supersized
MarkTen XL will ship in second quarter, as MarkTen hits Europe.
7. 'Wawa South' Announces More Expansion Plans
Retailer will double stores in Florida by the end of 2016.
8. TravelCenters Spending $226M to Acquire 123 C-stores
The six transactions will boost the company's presence to 11 states.
9. Celebrations, Giveaways & Donations Will Mark Wawa Day 2015
Customers can receive free coffee on April 16.
10. 7-Eleven Expands Florida Footprint With 101-Unit Acquisition
Purchase made through subsidiary SEI Fuel Services.
Stay tuned to CSNews Online for more 2015 Year in Review recaps.