SAN RAMON, Calif. – Chevron Corp. launched its Game Day Chef Challenge on Aug. 1. The cooking contest lets football fans and foodies submit their go-to game day recipes with a hook: They must include a food or beverage item purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station.
Winners from each region will advance to the grand finale cookoff, where they will compete for the $25,000 grand prize in Chevron with Techron promotional cards. The grand finale will be held at Rose Bowl Stadium in Pasadena, Calif., on Jan. 1, 2015.
Fans can now visit www.TheGameDayChef.com to submit their original recipes until Tuesday, Sept. 30. Contestants must be 18 years or older at the time of entry, as well as a resident of Arizona, California, Oregon or Washington State. Official rules and further information are available on the website.
Contest details include:
- Contestants must submit a photo of the proof of purchase of the food or beverage item(s) purchased from a Chevron or Texaco station; a description of their dish that can be made in one hour or less; and a photo of the final prepared dish.
- Contestants are encouraged to share their entries on social media to solicit votes from family and friends.
- At the end of the entry period, the 15 recipes with the most votes from each region will be judged based on appearance, originality, creativity and the number of mandatory ingredients used. This will determine the five regional finalists who then compete in each regional cookoff.
- Regional finalists will have one hour to prepare and cook their dish for the judges in a live cookoff at a football game in their region. Judges will score the dishes based on appearance, originality and creativity, the number of mandatory ingredients used and taste. Fans at the game will also be able to vote for their favorite dishes.
Regional cookoff dates and locations are:
- Arizona: Oct. 26, University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.
- Oregon: Nov. 1, Autzen Stadium, Eugene, Ore.
- Washington: Nov. 9, CenturyLink Field, Seattle, Wash.
- Northern California: Nov. 15, Stanford Stadium, Palo Alto, Calif.
- Southern California: Nov. 29, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles