CITGO Has New Slate of Programs to Move Business Onward
The meetings will take place between Jan. 30 and March 6 within CITGO's three marketing regions and will provide attendees with one-on-one time with the CITGO team. The company will share 2014 program updates, advertising plans and other tools that CITGO marketers can use to generate more traffic and sales at their independently operated locations.
"Our marketer roundtable meetings are a great way to ensure the year begins on the right track for our valued customers," said Alan Flagg, general manager of light oils marketing for CITGO. "With these meetings, we can update our marketers about our 2014 program slate and also receive feedback and hear suggestions directly from the people on the frontlines – our marketers."
Some of the programs to be discussed at the roundtable meetings include:
- Plans for the 2014 Fueling Good Road Trip and highlights from the most recent tour, featuring marketers doing good in their communities.
- Changes to the Trimark of Excellence mystery shop program that incentivize more high-scoring locations.
- New offerings for convenience stores from the CITGO Retail Concept Center.
- Continued emphasis on Centennial Image implementation. The reimage deadline for all locations within the CITGO network is Dec. 31, 2015. More than 67 percent of CITGO locations are currently reimaged.
- Continued emphasis on TriCLEAN gasoline, with enhanced messaging on all pump valances.
- Continued promotion of the CITGO Rewards proprietary credit card, which provides a 5-cents-per-gallon statement credit on every gallon of CITGO fuel purchased with the card.
- Continued customization of events, promotions and marketing materials that drive consumer traffic and sales at the local level, including renewed associations with the Miss America organization and Bess the Book Bus.
"Year after year, we work to deepen our knowledge of the industry and deliver programs and solutions that help our marketers grow their businesses," said Flagg. "We look forward to this year's roundtable meetings so we can teach, learn and move the CITGO brand onward."
CITGO marketers are encouraged to attend their local roundtable meeting or contact their CITGO territory sales manager for more information.