Entry Period Opens for 2019 Convenience Store News Store Design Contest
NEWARK, N.J. — Convenience Store News is now accepting nominations for its 2019 Store Design Contest, which is open to both convenience store chains and single-store owners.
The program, now in its 14th year, honors new and rebuilt c-stores whose designs excel in areas such as interior layout, use and effectiveness of signage and logos, and exterior property and landscaping. Construction or remodeling of eligible stores must have taken place between January 2018 and March 2019.
Awards will be presented in seven different categories:
- Best Original Store Design (a new build)
- Best Interior Design (new build)
- Best Low-Cost Remodel (less than $100,000)
- Best Mid-Budget Remodel ($100,000 to $250,000)
- Best "Sky's the Limit" Remodel (more than $250,000)
- Best Travel Center Design
- Best International Design
Entries are due by Aug. 8. There is no entry fee. Multiple entries by one company in each category are permitted as long as the designs are different and unique.
Entries will be judged on innovation, creativity and the positive impact of the overall design and/or remodel on the retail business.
For full contest details, click here.