Thorntons Sets First-Ever ‘Race Week’ in Motion
LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Thorntons Inc. is embarking on its first-ever Race Week, featuring a Thorntons race car. Now through Sept. 16, customers can visit participating Thorntons locations to see the race car and will have the chance to win NASCAR Xfinity Series tickets.
On Sept. 16, customers can take part in the meet-and-greet with Xfinity Series driver Brendan Gaughan, who will be driving the Thorntons race car in the NASCAR Xfinity Series Chicagoland 300 on Saturday, Sept. 17.
The race car will be available for viewing during the following times at these locations:
- Monday, Sept. 12: 24144 W. Eames St. Channahon, Ill. From (2 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Sept. 13: 2 North Barrington Rd. Streamwood, Ill. (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Tuesday, Sept. 13: 601 Route 83, Bensenville, Ill. (3 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 14: 2609 N Farnsworth Ave., Aurora, Ill. (10 a.m. – 1 p.m.)
- Wednesday, Sept. 14: 2401 63rd St., Woodridge, Ill. (3 p.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Thursday, Sept. 15: 14805 S Cicero Ave., Oak Forest, Ill. (2 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
- Friday, Sept. 16: 2798 W Jefferson St., Joliet, Ill. (2 p.m. – 7 p.m.)
During Race Week, Thorntons will showcase E15 — a blend of 15-percent ethanol and 85-percent gasoline that carries an 88 octane — through partnerships with Growth Energy and the Illinois Corn Marketing Board.
Thorntons will also add E15 fuel to its stores in the Chicagoland area through a partnership with Prime the Pump, the Illinois Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity, the Illinois Corn Marketing Board, United States Department of Agriculture and the Illinois Renewable Fuels Association.
Louisville-based Thorntons Inc. operates 180 convenience stores in Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Florida and Tennessee.