Meet the 2020 Future Leaders in Convenience
NATIONAL REPORT — In a time when the convenience store industry is facing rapid change and unexpected challenges, leadership is more important than ever. This not only includes top management, but also emerging leaders who are demonstrating their ability to achieve strong results and help both their companies and the c-store industry overall thrive in this new era of retail.
The 2020 Convenience Store News Future Leaders in Convenience awards program, now in its third year, honors the largest class yet consisting of 20 up-and-comers and young seasoned executives from c-store chains of all sizes. Their roles range from a company president, to a chief financial officer, to category managers, and marketing and human resources execs.
While their duties may differ, this year's honored leaders have several important things in common. They strive for excellence; they have achieved notable, verifiable results in their past and current positions; and they serve as strong professional role models to the teams they oversee as they help shape the future of convenience.
The 2020 Future Leaders in Convenience are:
- Brad Campbell, Category Leader, Tobacco, Sheetz Inc.
- Shelby Clayton, Store Operations Supervisor, Casey's General Stores Inc.
- Ashley Duffy, Regional Manager, Global Partners LP
- Caroline Filchak, Director of Wholesale Operations, Clipper Petroleum
- Anthony Gross, Senior Category Manager, Casey's General Stores Inc.
- Lisa Ham, Senior Category Manager, Grocery & Center Store, Yesway
- Christopher Hartman, Director of Fuels, Forecourt & Advertising, Rutter's
- Caleb Hill, District Manager, StrasGlobal
- Chiquita Jones, Director of Operations, Heartland Business Unit, Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc./Circle K
- Lisa Lem, Category Manager, Foodservice & Dispensed Beverages, Tri Star Energy
- Michael Maggiacomo, Senior Product Manager, 7NOW Digital Operations, 7-Eleven Inc.
- Norah McNeil, Human Resources Manager, OnCue Marketing LLC
- Alicia Mowder, Head of U.S. Marketing, Circle K Global Division, Alimentation Couche-Tard Inc./Circle K
- Michael O'Donnell, Area Sales Manager, Empire Petroleum Partners LLC
- Brian Prevatt, Chief Financial Officer, Parker's Convenience
- Ryan Razowsky, President, Rmarts LLC
- Amanda Shymanski, Senior Category Manager, QuickChek Corp.
- Benjamin Stein, Regional Manager, Coen Oil Co.
- Jack Walter, Category Manager, Kwik Trip Inc.
- Brittany Wilchar, Operations Supervisor & Training Admin, Lassus Bros. Oil Inc.
The winners — all talented emerging leaders aged 35 and under — were selected based on nominations from their peers and mentors that showcased their accomplishments over the past 12 months. The 20 honorees will be celebrated at a virtual awards program on Dec. 10. Click here for registration information.